Cooley Center is CLOSED Monday, 5/27/13 The JHMI Alumni Pool OPENS Monday, 5/27/13 LAST WEEK for early bird pool rates!
Summer Weekend Hours Start 6/1
Cooley switches to summer weekend hours starting 6/1 & 6/2. Hours change to 10:00am-6:00pm.
Mondays - Thursdays 6:00am-10:30pm
Saturdays - Sundays 11:00am-7:00pm
(Weekends 10:00am-6:00pm starting 6/1)
9th Floor Fitness Center @ Bloomberg School of Public Health
Mondays - Fridays 7:00am-7:00pm
WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current NOW?
2013 Pool Season:
Pool passes. LAST WEEK FOR EARLY BIRD RATES!
Next scheduled holiday closure: Monday, May 27, Memorial Day
NEW CLASS IN MAY!
Join Kaitlyn for an additional Zumba! class on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm. (No online reservation required. Student drop-in fee is $5, group class packages also available. Be sure to bring a friend and join the party!)
Class updates for May:NO MONDAY KICKBOXING @ 5:30PM on 5/6
Yuxuan Wang subs Cardio Kickboxing @ 5:30pm on 5/20
Hester Liu subs Cycling 12:15pm on 5/21
Dana Loll subs Zumba! @ 5:30pm on 5/21
Group exercise class sign-ups will now be accepted online instead of by phone. A member may register for a class one day prior to the class up to the actual start time of the class. The Cooley Center will no longer accept phone reservations for classes. Here are 8 easy steps to complete the online procedure:
- Go to our website, www.jhucooleycenter.com
- Click on the heading "Calendar"
- Click on the class you are interested in taking
- Click the button labeled "sign up for this event"
- Enter required information and click "submit"
- Check your email for the confirmation. If your email confirmation indicates you are registered for the class, you're done
- In the case that you are put on the waiting list - you'll be "bumped up" in order of the list and you'll receive an email confirming that you are now in the class, if someone cancels their reservation
- To cancel a reservation, open your email confirmation and click on the link at the bottom of the message to cancel your registration
Get your computers, laptops, smartphones and blackberries ready! :)
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
Try foam rolling pre-workout to prepare the body for physical activity. Better than stretching!
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Paleo Junior Mint Bars
Enjoy these dairy & gluten free bars using a surprise ingredient that you wouldn't expect!