WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current Now?
KNOW YOUR NUMBERS CAMPAIGN!
Our intern, Jordan Holland, will be conducting free assessments of blood pressure, Body Mass Index, skinfold assessments, muscular and cardiovascular endurance. Please sign up to learn "your numbers" and we encourage you to take the initiative to increase your health awareness.
Dates: 3:00 to 6:00pm on April 21st and 23rd, May 5th and 7th
Learn more HERE.
Sign up at the Cooley Center - it's FREE!
Please contact Jordan if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start 3/3/15
- Soccer (A) Mondays starting @ 6:30pm
- Soccer (B) Wednesdays starting @ 6:30pm
- Volleyball - Thursdays starting @ 6:30pm
- Racquetball starts in January 2015
- Come to Cooley Center on Mondays and check-in.
- You are automatically entered to win fun fitness prizes.
- If you make all of the Mondays in a month, you are entered to win gift cards.
- 2 winners per week and 2 winners per month
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Sleep Deficit and Work Productivity
The appropriate amount of rest is very significant to help monitor daily functions and reduce the effects of stress, improve decision-making and maintain a healthy body weight.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
Target your triceps by engaging in bench dips and using a different style of dips rather than your traditional assisted.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Butternut Squash Pizzas
Enjoy this light, modified and exciting snack after a workout, in between classes or a snack to hold off your cravings until dinner.