WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current Now?
- Soccer A - Monday nights 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30pm
- Soccer B - Wednesday nights 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30pm
- Volleyball - Thursday nights 6:30, 7:30 or 8:30pm
- Racquetball by appointment
- Come to Cooley Center on Mondays and check-in.
- You are automatically entered to win fun fitness prizes.
- If you make all of the Mondays in a month, you are entered to win gift cards.
- 2 winners per week and 2 winners per month
10/23 - Sara subs Spin @ 6pm
10/28 - Leo subs Weight Training @ 1:30pm
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
One of the simplest exercises that is great for total body strength and hip mobility.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
The sturdy texture of corn tortillas works best for these tacos, but you can use flour tortillas. Since the recipe makes more slaw than necessary for the tacos, serve the extra on the side.