Any non-members can come try out the Cooley Center for $1 per day during this week only. Bring a co-worker or your boss!
CLOSED on Sunday, 4/20 for EASTER
Cooley Center will be closed on Sunday, 4/20 for the holiday but will be open normal hours on Monday.
WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current NOW?
- Volleyball on Thursdays
- Soccer on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Racquetball by appointment
Group Exercise Updates for April:
Members please remember to sign your name on the attendance sheet for the group exercise class you participate in.
TRX Training on Wednesdays on the Track Level @ 7:00pm starting March 5. Let Tavon Copes show you how to use the suspension straps to challenge your body in a way you have never experienced.
TBD subs Spin @ 12:15pm on Thursday, 4/10
Hester subs Cycling @ 12:15pm on Tuesday, 4/15
Tavon subs TRX @ 7:15am on Friday, 4/18
NO Friday Fitness on Friday, 4/18
Group exercise class sign-ups will now be accepted online instead of by phone. A member may register for a class one day prior to the class up to the actual start time of the class. The Cooley Center will no longer accept phone reservations for classes. Here are 8 easy steps to complete the online procedure:
- Go to our website, www.jhucooleycenter.com
- Click on the heading "Calendar"
- Click on the class you are interested in taking
- Click the button labeled "sign up for this event"
- Enter required information and click "submit"
- Check your email for the confirmation. If your email confirmation indicates you are registered for the class, you're done
- In the case that you are put on the waiting list - you'll be "bumped up" in order of the list and you'll receive an email confirming that you are now in the class, if someone cancels their reservation
- To cancel a reservation, open your email confirmation and click on the link at the bottom of the message to cancel your registration
Get your computers, laptops, smartphones and blackberries ready! :)
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
Dumbbell Chest Fly
Dumbbell Flys are a great exercise for finishing your chest routine. After doing compound exercises, like bench press and incline press, you want to finish with an isolated chest exercise.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Crustless Spinach Quiche
This simple, nutritious dish could work for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A great and easy way to incorporate more veggies in your diet! Yummy.