Spring Forward ONE-hour on Sunday, 3/9/14
WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current NOW?
- Volleyball on Thursdays
- Soccer on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Racquetball by appointment
Group Exercise Updates for March:
Members please remember to sign your name on the attendance sheet for the group exercise class you participate in.
TRX Training on Wednesdays on the Track Level @ 7:00pm starting March 5. Let Tavon Copes show you how to use the suspension straps to challenge your body in a way you have never experienced.
Mike subs Spin @ 1pm on Friday, 3/7
Carisa subs Basic Yoga @ 12:15pm on Monday, 3/17
Carisa subs Kickboxing @ 5:30pm on Monday, 3/17
Melanie subs Zumba! @ 5:30pm on Tuesday, 3/18
Sara subs Spin @ 6pm on Tuesday, 3/18
TBD subs Pilates @ 12:15pm on Thursday, 3/20
Liz subs Spin @ 1pm on Friday, 3/28
Group exercise class sign-ups will now be accepted online instead of by phone. A member may register for a class one day prior to the class up to the actual start time of the class. The Cooley Center will no longer accept phone reservations for classes. Here are 8 easy steps to complete the online procedure:
- Go to our website, www.jhucooleycenter.com
- Click on the heading "Calendar"
- Click on the class you are interested in taking
- Click the button labeled "sign up for this event"
- Enter required information and click "submit"
- Check your email for the confirmation. If your email confirmation indicates you are registered for the class, you're done
- In the case that you are put on the waiting list - you'll be "bumped up" in order of the list and you'll receive an email confirming that you are now in the class, if someone cancels their reservation
- To cancel a reservation, open your email confirmation and click on the link at the bottom of the message to cancel your registration
Get your computers, laptops, smartphones and blackberries ready! :)
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
One-Arm Shoulder Press
It is important to sometimes work unilaterally to prevent overcompensation from stronger muscle groups. This is a great way to work your lateral and medial deltoids and use your core to help stabilize and balance you in the process.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Allrecipes.com Submitted By: Cheryl Asparagus comes back on the scene as we approach Spring. An interesting way to utilize the delicious vegetable. See if you can surprise/trick anyone to see if they figure out what vegetable you used!