WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current Now?
Post-Doc Week(s) 9/15-9/26
Come check out the Cooley Center for FREE 9/15-9/26. Just show your Hopkins ID that states you are a post-doctoral fellow and complete a guest waiver. Try out some classes and get on the right track leading into the fall season. Welcome!
- Soccer A - Monday nights 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30pm
- Soccer B - Wednesday nights 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30pm
- Volleyball - Thursday nights 6:30, 7:30 or 8:30pm
- Racquetball by appointment
- Come to Cooley Center on Mondays and check-in.
- You are automatically entered to win fun fitness prizes.
- If you make all of the Mondays in a month, you are entered to win gift cards.
- 2 winners per week and 2 winners per month
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
An atypical way to work your lats and chest. Add this move into your routine to break out of your lat pull-down rut.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Shrimp & Plum Kebabs
Last chance to use that grill! Try this unique combination for a lighter grilling option. Use local peaches if you don't like plums.