Christmas Eve 6am-2pm (no classes) Christmas Day CLOSED
Ladies Locker Renewal Deadline 12/31/13
Women's Locker Room Rentals - Renewal DUE by 12/31/13. New rentals starting 1/2/14.
WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current NOW?
Fitness BINGO! (Nov. 25 - Dec. 23)
- Buy a Fitness Bingo card for $2
- Complete the card by getting BINGO 4 times on the card
- Turn your card in for a prize or save them and bank them for bigger prizes!
- All money raised will be donated to the Johns Hopkins Child Life!
- Happy holidays! Stay fit!
- Dodge ball & Basketball start the first week of December!
Group Exercise Updates for December:
The Cooley Center closes at 2pm on Tuesday, December 24 and is CLOSED on Wednesday, December 25 for Christmas; NO CLASSES will be held those days.
Modified schedule during the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.
Members please remember to sign your name on the attendance sheet for the group exercise class you participate in.
- Hester subs Cycling @ 12:15pm on Tuesday, 12/10
Group exercise class sign-ups will now be accepted online instead of by phone. A member may register for a class one day prior to the class up to the actual start time of the class. The Cooley Center will no longer accept phone reservations for classes. Here are 8 easy steps to complete the online procedure:
- Go to our website, www.jhucooleycenter.com
- Click on the heading "Calendar"
- Click on the class you are interested in taking
- Click the button labeled "sign up for this event"
- Enter required information and click "submit"
- Check your email for the confirmation. If your email confirmation indicates you are registered for the class, you're done
- In the case that you are put on the waiting list - you'll be "bumped up" in order of the list and you'll receive an email confirming that you are now in the class, if someone cancels their reservation
- To cancel a reservation, open your email confirmation and click on the link at the bottom of the message to cancel your registration
Get your computers, laptops, smartphones and blackberries ready! :)
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
V-Sits or V-Holds
An uncomplicated but tough exercise for your abdominal muscles that doesn't require crunches!
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
A healthier two-serving-size dessert option of deliciousness.