The Cooley Center & 9th Floor Fitness Center are CLOSED for Thanksgiving and the Friday after.
WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current Now?
Winter Intramurals Registration
- Now through 11/18
- Basketball - $330 per team, max team of 10
- Dodge ball - $200 per team, max team of 15
- Racquetball $2 - by appointment
- Soccer A - Monday nights 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30pm
- Soccer B - Wednesday nights 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 or 9:30pm
- Volleyball - Thursday nights 6:30, 7:30 or 8:30pm
- Racquetball by appointment
- Come to Cooley Center on Mondays and check-in.
- You are automatically entered to win fun fitness prizes.
- If you make all of the Mondays in a month, you are entered to win gift cards.
- 2 winners per week and 2 winners per month
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
Why not target the glutes with a simple and effective exercise that allows for a wide range of adaptations and variability?
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Smushed Applies & Sweet Potatoes
What a great fall side dish to go along with Thanksgiving! Apples are in season and who doesn't love a good sweet potato?