Cooley Center, 9th Floor Fitness & JHMI Alumni Pool are all CLOSED Thursday, 7/4/13
Court Closed for Service week of July 15
The basketball court will be closed for the week of July 15, 2013 for regular maintenance. Please plan accordingly.
WELCOME to the Denton A. Cooley Center! We are a fitness center that caters to the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute community. We have a main center, the Cooley Center, located on the North-West corner of the campus, facing the Outpatient Building. Our satellite center is located on Wolfe Street at the Bloomberg School of Public Health Building on the 9th floor.
What's Current NOW?
Locker rentals located in the basement are up for renewal as of June 30, 2013. Please make sure you renew your locker by June 30, 2013 to secure your space and property. We will not be responsible for items left in lockers that were not renewed. Rates are still $36.00/year (July through June); we accept cash, check or credit for locker rentals.
2013 Pool Season:
Group Exercise Updates:
Class updates for June:
Yuxuan will sub Cardio Kickboxing on Mondays throughout June.
Group exercise class sign-ups will now be accepted online instead of by phone. A member may register for a class one day prior to the class up to the actual start time of the class. The Cooley Center will no longer accept phone reservations for classes. Here are 8 easy steps to complete the online procedure:
- Go to our website, www.jhucooleycenter.com
- Click on the heading "Calendar"
- Click on the class you are interested in taking
- Click the button labeled "sign up for this event"
- Enter required information and click "submit"
- Check your email for the confirmation. If your email confirmation indicates you are registered for the class, you're done
- In the case that you are put on the waiting list - you'll be "bumped up" in order of the list and you'll receive an email confirming that you are now in the class, if someone cancels their reservation
- To cancel a reservation, open your email confirmation and click on the link at the bottom of the message to cancel your registration
Get your computers, laptops, smartphones and blackberries ready! :)
view full calendar
FIT TIP OF THE MONTH
Weight Management - Smart Snacking at Work
Various goals exist when it comes to weight management. Some want to lose weight, others gain or just simply maintain their current weight. However, a busy work schedule is common for most people regardless of their personal goals.
MOVE OF THE MONTH
This great unilateral exercise is a simple way to develop strength, balance and coordination. The ability to perform this simple exercise easily and gracefully will develop your stability and core strength and also help you prevent injury, and improve your sports performance.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Paleo Junior Mint Bars
Enjoy these dairy & gluten free bars using a surprise ingredient that you wouldn't expect!